Uli Geissendoerfer – Colors
COLORS was founded in 2011 by Uli Geissendoerfer as an amalgam of his two earlier Las Vegas projects RED, A Latin Jazz powerhouse sextet and BLUE, a World Music quartet to octet. It is geared towards spanning the globe of Jazz, with a special emphasis on vocalist Pascale Elia and her interplay with saxophonist Charles McNeal.
Ryan Rose and Derek Jones complete the high-energy rhythm section. The group features many original compositions by Mr. Geissendoerfer and highly creative arrangements from various styles; from The Beatles to Sergio Mendez.
- William Tucker
- National Council of Negro women
- Bethune-Cookman University
- Segregation in buses and terminals banned
- Dr. Percy Lavon Julian
- Martin R. Delany
- Fannie Lou Hamer
- Robert Tanner Freeman
- Janet Collins
- JH Hunter
- School desegregation ends
- U.S. Navy opened to Black Women
- Guion Bluford, Jr.
- Fed troops & integration – Ole Miss riot 1962